This tutorial is quite rushed as I am in a hurry to get this post out there before the Jubilee weekend begins! I was asked by someone how to do the Union Jack, this can be used for the Olympics as well.
Super easy to do as well!
1) After using a base coat paint all nails in a blue polish, I used Models Own - True Blue
2) Try and paint a cross on top of the blue using a white polish, I used Barry M's - Matte White
3) Using the same polish drag some diagonal lines in the gaps of the previous cross
4) Most complicated part, paint a fine line down the diagonal cross lines. I used Eyeko - Saucy
5) With the same polish paint another cross over the larger one in the middle. Once that is dried paint on a top coat to help smooth out the polish from being a little bumpy. Tidy up any mishaps and you are done!
This is apparently a massive trend colour for this spring / summer. This was part of a neon set which I got from Tkmaxx.
Opacity: In the swatch photos I was wearing two, however you could see my nail line so I think this is a three coater polish Finish: Cremé Neon Brush Type: Standard Staying Power: No chipping in three days How much is in there? 15ml
So apparently 2012's Olympic Games has the slogan ' Higher, Stronger, Faster'. The torch itself has 2000 holes in it which represent all the people who will be carrying it about the country. Anyhow this was my interpretation of the Olympic torch starting its journey.
This stamping plate for some reason is about an inch bigger than the usual stamping plate. I need to get a larger stamp to be able to pick up the entire web, will be useful for stamping my nails when they are longer.
As you can see all of the images stamped well, the shimmer in the chrome polish reflected when my flash went off. I quite like this plate, think it is quite different which I like.
You can see all of the nail art attempts I have tried using this plate: here.