I did some cloud nails for a nail challenge I was doing last year and someone asked for a tutorial. Cloud nails are very simple to do, and look more complicated than they are.
What did I need?
2) Using a different polish, paint three 'clouds'
3) Using your base polish (or third polish) paint three 'clouds' leaving a small amount of second polish showing.
4) Top coat the nail art
I did originally try and do a tutorial on my nails but the colours I chose maybe weren't the best for showing the technique;
1) Base polish [A England - Crown of Thistles]
2) Using a different polish, paint three 'clouds' [A England - Lady of the Lake]
3) Using your base polish paint three 'clouds' leaving a small amount of second polish showing
Here are a couple of other colour ways I have used using the cloud nail technique;
I think the cloud nails idea came originally from NailSide, if you know different do let me know.